Use Google Analytics on your website
Google Analytics is a system created by Google that can track traffic and metrics on your website. By adding Google Analytics to your website, you can track and analyze the amount of visitors. Your website receives, the keywords users entered to find your website, the names of search engines or other websites. That referred visitors to your website and more. Here’s how to get it working on your website.
- Sign up at www.google.com/analytics/ or sign in to Google Analytics with your current Google username and password. Click on Access Analytics or click Create an account now if you do not have a Google account.
- If you are signing up for the first time, you will be required to type in your website address. An account name for your website, your country, and your time zone as well as your contact information.
- You will be asked to read and accept the user agreement for Google Analytics. Before you can finish creating an account for Google Analytics.
- Add the tracking code. The tracking code is a string of HTML code you will copy and paste on every page of your website you want to track statistics for. After logging in, you will be taken to the Overview page that shows your website accounts.
- Select the account you want and from the Actions column, click on Edit.
- In the top right section of the Main Website Profile Information box, click on Check Status. You can find your tracking code underneath Instructions for adding tracking.
- To make sure Google Analytics will begin tracking your website data, return to the Overview page that shows your website accounts. Select the account you want and from the Actions column. Click on Edit. In the top right section of the Main Website Profile Information box, click on Check Status. In the Tracking Status Information box, you will be able to verify whether or not your tracking code was properly installed.
- Allow 24 hours for Google Analytics to begin tracking your website data.