How to Change SMTP port in MS Outlook 2003?
This article will guide you to change SMTP port in Microsoft Outlook 2003. Please follow the steps below.
1. Firstly, go to your Outlook and click on Tools -> Email Accounts.
2. Select View existing email accounts and Next.
3. Then, double click on the email account and click on the More Settings button.
4. Continue by selecting the Advanced tab and you will see the SMTP port is set to 25 by default.
5. Change it to 26 and click OK.
6. Lastly, click Next and Finish.
Enabling SMTP authentication for MS Outlook 2003
- Firstly, launch Outlook.
- Secondly, select Tools > E-mail Accounts…
- Next, select View or change email accounts.
- Click More settings.
- After that, select the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box. Make sure the Use same settings as my incoming mail server is checked.
- Then, click on Advanced tab and ensure to set the outgoing Port (SMTP) to 587 or 25 for NON-SSL type and 465 for SSL type
- Click the OK button. Click Next. Lastly, click Finish.