How to setup your remote access key in WHM
A remote access key is what’s needed if you want to have a script automatically connect to your WHM for the purposes of creating new accounts, deleting accounts, etc.
To setup remote access key for your VPS or Dedicated server in WHM:
- Firstly, log into WHM.
- Next, click Setup Remote Access Key.
- Then, the remote access key is a random series of alphanumeric characters. If you copy this key and paste it into a script that’s designed to connect to WHM, you’ll be able to have that script perform tasks that you would normally have to login to WHM to do.
- After that, you may need to reset your remote access key when setting up a new script.
- Then, scroll down a little.
- Lastly, click the Generate New Key button.
- The remote access key has been reset, and is shown at the bottom.
We hope this article helped you to learn how to setup your remote access key in WHM. For more articles, please go to Knowledge Base.