Configure Outlook email account
If you have an email account set up on the server, you may want to configure Outlook or Outlook express to send/receive from this address.
To configure Outlook to connect to your account, please do the following:
1. Firstly, open Outlook Express.
2. In the top menu, click Tools. Then click on the Accounts link.
3. Select the Mail tab and click the Add button.
4. Next, click Mail. In the Display Name field, type any name you wish to associate with this email. This is only for aesthetic purposes. It doesn’t matter what name you use in this field.
5. Click the Next button. In the field to the right of Email Address, type the full email address including the domain name.
6. After that, click the Next button.
7. For the Incoming and Outgoing servers, put mail.yourdomain.com or your server’s IP address.
8. Click the Next button.
9. For the Account Name, type the full email address (including the domain name). In the Password section, type the password for the email.
10. Click on the Next button. And Click the Finish button.
11. Click Properties and select the Servers tab.
12. Check the box at the bottom which says “My server requires authentication”.
13. Then, select the Advanced tab.
14. At the top you will see “Server Port Numbers” and “Outgoing mail (SMTP):” with a value of 25. You need to change this to port 26 if you are not able to send emails using 25.
15. Lastly, click the Apply button, OK button, and the Close button.
16. Now you can test your email.
We hope this article helped you to learn How to configure email account in Outlook. For more articles, please go to Knowledge Base.