INSTALLING A LET’S ENCRYPT SSL CERTIFICATE ON YOUR DOMAIN
To install a Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate on your domain, follow these steps:
1. Firstly, log in to Plesk.
2. Secondly, In the left sidebar click Websites & Domains:
3. Then, click Let’s Encrypt icon:
The Let’s Encrypt SSL Certificate page appears:
4. After, In the E-mail address text box, type a valid e-mail address.
5. And, select the Include www.example.com as an alternative domain name check box if you want the SSL certificate to protect your domain with and without the wwwprefix.
6. Click Install. When installation is complete, you receive a Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate was successfully installed on example.com message.
7. In the left sidebar, click Websites & Domains:
8. Click Hosting Settings.
9. Under Security, confirm the SSL support check box is selected, and the Let’s Encrypt SSL certificate is selected in the Certificate list box.
RENEWING A LET’S ENCRYPT SSL CERTIFICATE FOR YOUR DOMAIN
Plesk automatically renews Let’s Encrypt certificates, with no action necessary on your part.
By default, Let’s Encrypt SSL certificates are valid for 90 days. However, Plesk automatically renews certificates once a month. As recommended by the Let’s Encrypt developers. The shorter renewal period helps ensure your site’s security, and is completely transparent to you and your site’s visitors. Additionally, if a renewal attempt fails for any reason, you have sufficient time to troubleshoot the problem before the certificate expires.
If you need to renew a certificate manually for some reason, follow these steps:
Firstly, log in to Plesk.
Secondly, In the left sidebar click Websites & Domains:
3. After that, click Let’s Encrypt icon:
4. Then, click Renew.