How to change the password of your cPanel account
There may be times where you would like to change the password of your account. It is recommended to change your password at least once a month. It is also recommended to have the password be alpha numeric so it is difficult to guess.
Note: The login information for the cPanel hosting control panel is different than your login for your billing area, for security reasons. The cPanel login is your cPanel User ID and cPanel password. ( Not your client area login email address & password )
You can make changes to your cpanel account through Casbay client area or cPanel. The instructions below will guide you through changing your cPanel password with either method.
Changing cPanel Password through Casbay client area
If you have forgotten your cPanel password login, please visit:
- https://billing.casbay.com.my/clientarea.php – Casbay Malaysia
1. Secure Client Login ( on the bottom right ” Manage Your Account ” )
2. Enter your email address in all lowercase & your client area password
3. Services > My Services > View Details ( on your hosting plan ) > Change Password
4. Enter your new password & click Save Changes
Changing cPanel Password through cPanel
1. Login to the cPanel
2. Click Change Password
3. In the box to the right of Old Password, provide your old password.
4. In the box to right of New Password, provide the new password. This password should contain uppercase and lowercase letters, as well as numbers and non-numeric symbols. (example. aB3#$f^&G*1)
5.In the box to the right of New Password (again), provide the password once again for verification.
6. Do NOT uncheck the box for “Allow MySQL password change”. (This does not reset any passwords for your database users; rather, it keeps you able to login to phpMyAdmin and Fantastico De Luxe via cPanel.)
7. Click the Change your password button.
You have now just changed your password. Before you proceed, you will be prompted to log back into cPanel.
Still Not Able to Login?
If you still cannot login:
1. Be sure you are using the primary email address (the email you gave us during sign-up).
2. Enter your email address in all lowercase.
3. Remember that the password is case sensitive. Make sure your caps lock is off.
4. Be careful when you copy & paste. It is easy to inadvertently copy extra blank space at the beginning or end of your password.
* If you still cannot login, please contact us via live chat or submit a ticket to our Billing department for help.
Password Reset: Before we reset your password, we may need to request some information to verify your identity. We apologize for the inconvenience this might cause.