Email Setup for Outlook 2003 / 2007
Microsoft Outlook 2003 is part of the Microsoft Office 2003 suite. Though this third party email client is available for purchase and available to the public, it is imperative to know that Microsoft will no longer support the 2003 suite effective April 2014.
For generic settings to use along side the instructions listed below, please refer to the following article:
To configure email for Outlook 2003 / 2007:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2003 / 2007.
2. Click on the Tools menu.
3. Select the Email Accounts option.
4. On the Email Accounts Wizard pop-up, select the Add a New Email Account option.
5. Click Next.
6. On the next screen, for Server Type, select IMAP or POP3.
7. Click Next.
8. On the next screen, you will be prompted to provide the essential information for your email account, such as:
5.Incoming Mail Server
6.Outgoing Mail Server
9. Click More Settings.
10. In the Internet Email Settings window that appears, select the Outgoing Server tab.
11. Select My Outgoing Server(SMTP) Requires Authentication.
Note: If you did not change the SMTP relay area, then you can select Use Same Settings as My Incoming Mail Server. If the username and password in the SMTP Relay section of the Manage Account Page was changed, select Logon Using and enter the user name and password.
12. Navigate to the Advanced tab and change the outgoing server (SMTP) port to 25 or 26.
13. Click OK.
14. Click Next.
15. Finally, click Finish.