Terms & Conditions
1. Website Migration or Transfer
2. Scripting and Program
3. Resource Usage
4. CPU and Memory Limit
5. Entry Processes
6. Hosting Space
In a shared hosting server, multiple Customer web sites are hosted from the same server and share server resources. Casbay’s service is designed to meet the typical needs of small business and home business website. It is NOT intended to support the sustained demand of large enterprises, internationally based businesses, or non-typical applications better suited to a dedicated server.
Casbay will make every commercially reasonable effort to provide additional resources to Customers who are using their website(s) consistent with these Terms, including moving Customers to newer and bigger shared servers as necessary. However, in order to ensure a consistent and quality experience for all Customers, Casbay does place automated safeguards to protect against any one site growing too quickly and adversely impacting the system until Casbay can evaluate said sites resource needs.
Accounts with a large number of files (inode count in excess of 200,000) can have an adverse affect on server performance. Similarly, accounts with an excessive number of MySQL/PostgreSQL tables (i.e., in excess of 1000 database tables) or of database size (i.e., in excess of 3GB total MySQL/PostgreSQL usage per account or 2GB MySQL/PostgreSQL usage in a single database) negatively affect the performance of the server. Casbay may request that the number of files/inodes, database tables, or total database usage be reduced to ensure proper performance or may terminate the Subscriber’s account, with or without notice. Apart from this, all shared hosting plans are set with an hourly sending limit of not more than 200 emails within a given hour. This policy is important to prevent spamming activities either deliberate or through poorly secured computers that are hacked for sending spamming emails.
Unlimited Domain Hosting. Casbay does not set arbitrary limits on the number of domain names a Customer can associate with the Customer’s web hosting account. However, Casbay reserves the right to limit processor time, bandwidth, processes, or memory in cases where it is necessary to prevent negatively impacting other Customers.
9. Backup Limit and Data Loss
Casbay is not responsible for files and/or data residing on the Customer’s account. Customer is advised to maintain a backup copy of their data on their own. In case of data loss, Casbay will provide the courtesy service of restoring the data into the account. Take note that data restored may not be up to date and Casbay can only restore the data from the latest backup copy whether it is a daily or weekly backup. There is no backup for VPS, Semi Dedicated Servers, Dedicated Server or any other plans. Customers must subscribe to our backup services to have data backup.
10. Bandwidth Usage
12. Price Protection
13. Price Contract
15. Payment and Suspension
16. Customer Data
17. Customer Support
18. 7 Days Money Back and Cancellation Policy
To ensure 100% Customer satisfaction, Casbay provides 7 days money back guaranteed from the commencement date. If you would like to request a refund from us, please ensure that the following criteria are met:
- The service for which you are requesting a refund was ordered within the past 7 days, and only applies to the first service of a new client.
- Additional orders are not eligible for a refund
- Services that are suspended or terminated due to non-compliance of the AUP and TOS are not eligible for refunds.
- Your account with us is in good standing, meaning there are no outstanding amounts due and no violations of our Terms of Service.
- None of your payments to us have been previously disputed or charged back, and are not currently under dispute or chargeback.
- The IP addresses assigned to your VPS are not blacklisted or blocklisted, and have not been replaced by us due to blacklisting.
- The monthly data transfer usage on your VPS is under 10% of your monthly quota.
- Special discounted VPS are not eligible for refunds. Promotional item or when promotional code used, is not eligible for a refund.
Once a refund request is made and all the conditions outlined above have been met, the following actions will be taken:
- A full refund of payments made towards the account will be issued, starting from the account creation date, excluding any transaction, processing fees, additional IP or IP changing fee that may have been incurred during the purchase process.
- All services under the account will be terminated immediately.
- All data, backups, and snapshots associated with the account will be permanently and irreversibly deleted without delay.
19. Domain Name
20. IP Blacklist
We employ a rigorous process of IP address testing prior to assigning them to a VPS to ensure the delivery of a clean IP address with every new VPS. As we actively monitor our IP address space, we regret to inform you that we cannot issue refunds for VPSes where any of the IP addresses have been blacklisted. IP addresses that are blacklisted in any spam organisations such as SpamHaus or SpamCop will be temporarily suspended and all email services from the affected server will cease to operate to ensure no further damage would be incurred on the reputation of the IP block. A de-listing fee of RM450 is charged by the upstream service provider for every IP blacklist incident for case management and resolution. Depending on the nature and frequency of the spamming activity, a new IP may be assigned to the affected server as a last remedying solution to resume full email services. Rectification steps would only be taken provided that all spamming activities have receded permanently and the de-listing fee is paid.
NOTE : As a valued customer, please be informed that we have a policy in place regarding IP address changes. We kindly request that you submit your request for an IP change within 24 hours of purchasing your VPS. Failure to comply with this policy may result in additional charges of $8/ip changing.
21. Cloud Hosting, Shared Hosting Account and EMail Hosting
22. Virtual Private Server (VPS) & Semi Dedicated Server and Microsoft Sharepoint Hosting and Microsoft Exchange Hosting
23. Dedicated Server Hosting and Colocation Services
24. Terms & Conditions for Upgrade to Premium Network
25. Cancellation Policy
As for refund due to server or network downtime, Customer is responsible for notifying the billing department for any credits due for the month within seven days from the time of the incident. Customer should supply all relevant information, including ticket numbers, for credit to take place. All refund claims or cancellation must be done in writing or by fax or by support ticket with Customer’s root username and passwords for the server.
Customer will retain records of the terms and conditions of its Package for future reference. Casbay may change Package prices or add or delete Package features or restrictions at any time, and such changes will not affect the initial agreement between Customer and Casbay. In the event of any conflict between the terms of any Package and the terms of this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement will govern. In the event of any conflict between the terms of any Package and the terms of this Agreement, the terms of this Agreement will govern.
In order to prevent abuse to our services and our 30 days money back guaranteed policy, Casbay will not provide refund if it is discovered that Customer is running “short-lived” website for Customer’s own interest. These websites are termed “short-lived” at Casbay’s own discretion which including and not limiting to websites on political campaign, lawsuit, investment etc.
26. Acceptable Use Policy
Casbay will have no liability whatsoever for any claims, losses, actions, damages, suits, or proceedings resulting from:
30. Chargebacks & Dispute (PayPal)
Please note that if you initiate a chargeback or a Paypal dispute, all services associated with your account, and any other related accounts at our discretion, will be immediately suspended until the dispute is resolved and we will charge RM223 for the chargeback cost. We kindly request that you refrain from filing or lodging a dispute with Paypal for the purpose of obtaining a refund, as it would prolong the process and create additional work for both parties involved.